Saturday, February 18, 2006

An actual finished knitted object


OK, so if this blog is about knitting, then there ought to be a knitting-related picture now and then, right?

Well, here it is. My green ruffled scarf. I had acquired about 7 balls of Trendsetter Dune in this lovely seaweedy green colorway, now discontinued, and didn't know what to make. A vest, but I couldn't find a pattern I wanted in such a bold fabric. After much hmmming and hawing I settled on the Ruffles scarf from Scarf Style. It's shown in a pink cottony yarn, on smaller needles. I improvised and kept knitting through about 4 and a half or 5 balls of it. I really liked the fishtail effect at the ends, and added a bit of i-cord and some pom poms. I get so many compliments on this thing, and it is warm and soft and snuggly. And long. Long enough to wrap three times around, or long enough to double and loop through itself. I am happy.


Mortgage Rates