Saturday, October 28, 2006

I am a GRANDMA!

And I am so happy. My daughter did a terrific job of having a baby - cruised through labor, delivered a healthy 7 lb 6 oz boy on October 18 at 10:42pm.

My pilot went to visit Bri and Eric and meet Shae Michael last week. And it was WONDERFUL! Bri is doing well and is happy and feels very centered. Eric is a super nice guy, and obviously devoted to Bri and the baby. And the baby - oh, what can a too proud grandma say other than "I am in LOVE!"

So, without further ado, here are a handful of pictures - just a few. And no doubt, many many more to come!


A new family - imagine what a good looking kid Shae will grow to be!



Shae Michael and a very tentative Grandpa


Shaemouse awake - doesn't he look like he's about to say something?



It's hard to remember that people start out so tiny!

Now I just can't wait until they can all come up for a visit, or I can go down again. There is talk about them moving to Portland, OR, which would be considerably closer to me. And probably more pleasant for the kids, too. But on the other hand, Eric's family is all right there within miles of him and Bri and Shae, so there is lots of family support to be had. Which is a blessing, too.

And in knitting content, I've been SO busy this summer. My two nephews both had babies - one little girl named Halle and one little boy named Aidan. both got variations on the Daisy cardi from Knitty - pics when I can find them, although I didn't get a picture of Aidan's fly fishing embellishments. And my littel sister is due to deliver any time now. For her little girl, I'm thinking a Trellis cardi, also from Knitty, in a soft heathered rosy pink Cascade 220.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Mortgage Rates