Wednesday, March 29, 2006

More Yarny Goodness

My Pilot went down to the shop this morning to retrieve a box for me - from One Fine Yarn. Inside were 10 balls each of Adriafil Match in Spice and Roses. I really like the Hippy pattern on the site, and had actually sourced that directly from Adriafil a few weeks ago. When I found it on sale for just $2.49 a ball, I grabbed it up, thinking I could make something for myself, and something for someone else, too. The yarn is a very soft cotton and acrylic blend, so it's easy care, and the colors are nicely variegated. I'm envisioning summer tanks or tees, or a lovely swingy cardi as well as the Hippy top.

Here's the yarn in my own home, in natural overcast light:


It's very pretty, and that Spice color is so right up my alley - great with black, chocolate, khaki, white, denim - all the summer basics. I'm looking forward to playing with this! After the solids I've been working with, a little bit of color play will be quite fun!


Mortgage Rates