Friday, March 24, 2006

Saxony Teal Somewhat Cowl

Well, I finally pushed the button on the yarn order for my Somewhat Cowl knitalong. I went with the Peruvian Collection Quechua alpaca and tencel blend in the color Saxony Teal. I hope it turns out ok - some shades of teal just remind me too much of the scrubs my dental hygienist wears. It's a very pretty shade, but I just feel like I'm in a uniform when I wear it. I suppose even if the color is not "just so" it will still be fine, and I can always continue my search for the penultimate Somewhat Cowl yarn and do a second one, if I love the pattern and the style so much.

I also picked up some more of Elann's Endless Summer Luna in Silken Damask, a super pretty warm pink rose color, and the Zen Red. I'll do a summer top for my daughter (or someone) in the red - perhaps a Picovoli - and something from the Damask for myself.

I had a moment yesterday that made me realize again what a terrific husband I have. My Pilot and I were getting ready to leave the house to head to work. I stopped in the middle of getting dressed to quickly wind a hank of that coppery cotton for my sweater. It's stringy, tangly stuff, and I don't yet have an umbrella swift, so I tend to drape it around the back of the biggest office chair and try to untangle, maintain even tension and wind all at the same time. No big deal, just not the smoothest operation in the world.

My husband was gathering the documents he needed to complete the orders for our kitchen remodel - he was busy and hurrying. He passed the office and saw me winding yarn, put down all his papers, picked up the hank, strung it between his hands and said, "You should have called me - I need to help you with this."

I fell in love with him all over again!


Mortgage Rates