Saturday, March 04, 2006

Almost time work on MY sweater!

Well, after doing so many things for other people, and especially after knitting so much in blue and variants of blues, I am incredibly ready to do something different. Something for myself. Something the opposite of blue...


Here it is - Berroco's SofTwist cotton and rayon yarn in Sensei. So pretty, lustrous, with sheen and drape. It will be fun to swatch this yarn.

I worked with SofTwist, the wool and rayon yarn, in a previous sweater for my mother in law. It was a dream to work with, but between the size of the sweater jacket, the needle size and the garter stitch, the whole thing just grew and grew. So poor thing has a knitted bathrobe rather than a smart little sweater jacket to wear out and about. And she's so gracious, she insisted on the phone that it was just lovely.

Anyway, Cinxia will turn out more size appropriate for her. And I get to play with this coppery dream and a few more days!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Bridget, it's Linda from the Aromaleigh board. That yarn is a perfect color for you! Can't wait to see how it turns out. It's good to do something for yourself now and then. I finally decided I'm making something for myself at least once a year and I really feel good about it. I've been making stuff for years as gifts and had nothing myself. The yarn for your neice is great for a 7 year old - reminds me of the colors of rainbow sherbet! And the gloves! I looked and looked and can't figure them out - I'm going to have to do a search for a pattern. They're fascinating to me. You do beautiful work.

Linda

3/11/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Your Style Muse said...

Linda - so happy to see you over here! It is good to do something for the self now and then. My motivation is to create beautiful things to wear that actually fit AND are the right style AND the right colors! Sometimes there just isn't anything to be found in the shops.

Get knitting for yourself, lady! And post your pics at Aromaleigh - we all like to oooh and aaah over sweaters as well as we do makeup looks!

3/18/2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Mortgage Rates