Sunday, June 04, 2006

Falling in love all over again

It's almost our fourth anniversary, and I am more in love with My Pilot than ever before. Here then, in a spirit of sentimentality and tenderness, are the latest reasons I fall in love with Michael again every day:

1. He brings me lunch at the shop. Every day, without me asking. And he fixes it up just the way I like it. Today was a half a cheesburger from the newest and greatest restaurant in Bigfork, MT, the Invite. It's an amazing burger replete with frizzled onions on top and beautiful bacon throughout the burger itself, served up with homemade Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato chips sliced extra thin. Delicious! And I feel so loved and nurtured when Michael walks into our little shop with plate, napkin and beverage in hand.

2. He indulges me in my yarn acquisition. Example conversation from a few days ago:
Me: Sweetie, can I get online and buy some blue yarn since everyone we know is having baby boys?

Michael: Of course - you don't even have to ask. Get whatever you need, then get more.

(This is a real, verbatim transcript of our conversation - can you even believe it?)

3. He jumps to help with my knitting fiascos and seems to really empathize when something goes awry. This morning I frogged about 20 rows of my sister in law's Soleil tank because I had neglected to do four repeats of an increase. That amounts to 24 rows. I was unraveling and trying to catch the stitches on a new bamboo needle that was so not smooth on the tip, it wasnt' even funny. Cotton yarn on snaggy bamboo is such a bad setup. I cursed, and he ran out to the hangar and came back in with fine grit sandpaper so I could smooth the tips. Then he looked at the sizeable pile of ramen-looking cotton yarn on the floor and said, "I'm so sorry you had to undo all that. Thank you for doing this for my sister." He gets it, the whole process thing.

4. He is supportive, indulgent, funny, kind, generous to me and to others, tender, gentle, patient, strong, and willing to fight for me and for us and for issues that are important to us.

And there are so many other reasons I could give, and examples I could cite, but this is enough for you, for right now. Suffice it to say that any woman would be fortunate indeed to have Michael for a husband, and I'm just so lucky, and rather floored, that he picked me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful relationship you two have. It's not very common in this world of ours. I think it's because people are so selfish these days. I'm so glad you two found each other. It sounds like you two were simply made for each other. It takes one to know one - I have found my soulmate too. He does so much to try and make me happy. I'm feel very blessed to have him in my life as I'm sure you feel about Michael. Keep up the love! And oh, Happy Anniversary!

6/04/2006 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I bet he's as lucky to have found you as you feel you are to have found him. ;~)

~ hb33, with her own almost-perfect man but waaaay too jealous about the stash enhancement encouragement you get ~

6/26/2006 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

7/04/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I found your blog through a search for something sock related at the Knitty Coffeshop and was amazed to see the picture of you, the Pilot, and your Cheetah! We have a Cheetah, too, and I have knit in it many a trip. :)

7/19/2006 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

7/21/2006 2:16 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

That's awesome. My husband was like that, as well. It's rare to find men like your Michael!

7/21/2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Estellika said...

Wow girl, your pilot is a prince. Enjoy him doubly for those of us that are still dreaming of our prince. That is a special love.

8/24/2006 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Mortgage Rates