Monday, May 22, 2006

Sexy Knitters Club Somewhat Cowl KAL!

I'm so happy to have done my first ever knit-along wth the lovely ladies at the Sexy Knitters Club. There were two patterns to choose from - the Somewhat Cowl and Orangina. I chose Somewhat Cowl because I struggle terribly with knitting a lacy pattern. I love how it turned out!

This picture is pre-blocking - so there's a bit of rippling along the neckline and the cowl ribbing is pretty bunchy. I soaked the sweater overnight and pinner her out this morning - I think that will take care of both issues.



While I loved the pattern and am super pleased with the finished item, I'm glad to now be able to move on to something else. At times it felt like I was knitting penance on the never-ending ribbing! Now I'll move on wholeheartedly to my Sister In Law's Soleil tank, which I'm only 8 rounds into but hope to zoom through in a short time. A whole bunch of baby knitting - one great niece or nephew coming up very soon, another in October, a niece or nephew and a grandbaby in late October, too. Plus my Mother In Law's Cinxia and a few other things, too. I'm hoping to join the next Sexy Knitters Club knitalong in July, too - depends on what pattern is selected, I suppose. Also, our summers are so incredibly busy from June through October, my knitting time will be pretty scarce. Oh well - for now I have the joy of a Finished Object!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

7/21/2006 2:16 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Looks awesome!! I have the pattern and yarn for this, just need to dive in.

7/21/2006 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Mortgage Rates